Babysitting classes (BLAST!)
BLAST! (Babysitter Lessons And Safety Training) Second Edition Training Class is an exciting and important class for potential babysitters. The BLAST! program is exciting and interactive, providing extensive training in pediatric first aid, household safety, and the fundamentals of childcare. Features of the program include:
- Most current practices for safety and injury prevention while babysitting
- First Aid basics for emergency response
- Quick reference tools for babysitters
- Fun, easy to follow booklet
The BLAST! program is designed to prepare children for interviewing for a babysitting job, select safe and suitable games and activities, prevent accidents, perform first aid, and begin babysitting safely and competently.
Age Guidelines: Recommended age is 11yrs or older
2014 Class Dates / Times:
- Session #1: Saturday, June 7th (10am-2pm) @ WAVE
- Session #2: Thursday, June 19th (10am-2pm) @ WAVE
- Session #3: Thursday, July 10th (10am-2pm) @ WAVE
- Session #4: Saturday, July 26th (10am-2pm) @ WAVE
- Session #5: Saturday, August 2nd (10am-2pm) @ WAVE
Class Fee: $45 per session (includes book)
- Class will be conducted outside so please bring clothing appropriate for the weather (sunglasses, sweatshirts, sunscreen)
- Class requires a minimum of 3 participants to run and will maintain a 1 to 10 instructor ratio.
How to Register: Call the Wave Office at (760) 940-9283 or visit the office in person to register.
Questions: Please contact the Wave Office for any additional questions or concerns.